Wednesday 17 October 2012

VIEWRANGER GPS PHONE APP.

As you know the walk I am doing is covering some of Britains most beautiful scenary and wild areas. I decided on this fantastic application for my hardy MOTOROLA DEFY + because it enabled me to carry all the ordnance survey maps for the whole of Great Britain ,1:50 000 ,on my phone.
It is an excellent trip planner; giving me mileage walked as well as altitude, average speed, etc.. I must admit I use it very rarely whilst walking due to the fact I need the phone for other applications and use a map and compass as it is hungry on battery when on GPS ,and I do carry extra phone batteries! Saying that it is excellent for few days walking and is a great navigational
back up ,it has got me out of a few sticky situations.Generally a great piece of kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment