Monday 15 October 2012

15th OCT. LLANRHYNSTUD TO BORTH YHA

Although I felt comfortable and snug I woke at 4.45. I felt alot better and lay there listening to the sea crashing on the shore then unable to doze I put the radio on. I ended up getting porridge on the go and packed up relaxed and away by 8.
Although the weather looked threatening the main part of the day was dry with the odd brief shower. I felt strong and my knee did not ache at all,  even though I had some heavy climbing and steep knee jolting descents. I put it down to physically feeling better, and ginger I have been taking.
Straight away I started seeing Cough and Red Kites but all I could get photographed was a distant spot or blur. The small compact , waterproof camera seems good at general photos but lousy at close ups. My panasonic was a better camera but would of been ruined with the constant damp conditions.
I was feeling so good today that I had only brief stops until Aberystwyth almost 10 miles on,  getting to my target at Subways for 12.
Folk look at me strangely when I walk through large towns,  probably curious or just disgusted at my muddy garb and sweaty smell ,but hey ho!
After my lunch and without J to look after the pack I restocked on a couple of things then shopped for my younger sons birthday. I packed it up in Costa coffee cafe ,with a few beach stones and mementos for Monique,  ordered something on line for Moniques birthday,  I had a good signal for a change then posted all. I felt organised for a change.
I walked out via the promenade , climbed up Constitution Hill and the half dozen ups and downs between there and Borth 5 miles on. I had met no one walking over the past two days then a gaggle of mature folk came over the hill. The chap who was their guide and about fifty said he was giving up walking due to bad knees,  I could well guess how he felt! Touch wood my knees were not complaining.
Walking into Borth for about 4.30 I picked up some food shopping and entered the YHA show piece.
It was very quiet,  I was the only bod around and happy to keep it that way as I shuffled around the kitchen,  and sat watching tv - Oh ,Star Trek was on,  great for later!
My peace was shattered by a school party of twenty five teenagers arriving about 7. It was like having. J times twenty five,  ahhhhh! I retired to my empty room then realised the insistent chatter of the girls dorm was beyond the fire exit next to door! I must be getting old and put my ear phones on and listened to radio 4 , yep I was getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment