Monday 22 October 2012

20th OCT. LLANIDLOES TO BELOW YSGWD FFORDD (2.5 miles north east Abbey-cwm -hir

I had slept on the comfy couch feeling warm and cosy. I got going making the porridge in the microwave and a pot of coffee. I found J in a eight bed/ bunk room on a double bed in his sleeping bag. One of the reasons for the price drop was we use our sleeping bags and not their bedding.
I put on the tv for the news then got the gear packed away and tidied the debris of breaky away.  Meanwhile J descended and half asleep ate the porridge I put dutiful in front of him. He grunted thanks in his teenage tongue.
The tent was dry which was a good thing and the clean stuff was now back on my clean bod. I felt so normal infact
the place was almost to luxurious for me,  the owners should change the status of bunkhouse to hostel as it gives a rough and ready sort of accomadation to something which was very civilized modern and not me. I am not complaining infact the opposite , it was excellent.
We sat watching Josh's music on the sat box before finally getting moving.
It was a bright day with sun shining as we walked on the road then cross country to Newchapel then back on road. As we walked passed lady of about sixty shouting and with branch, including leaves, in hand , trying to pen some sheep,  her yells were not working so gallently I offered my yelling abilities. I must admit my arm waving also worked a treat and soon sheep were penned and we were on our way. 
The general feel today was up and down with decent  views. The way zig zagged skirting Moelfre with wind farm on a nearby hill. We herded a cow for what seemed like a mile when if it just stood still we could of passed it but no it ran paniced ahead as if we wanted a beef burger of it.
It was a ' nice' area,  very rural with indulating fields and sparse dwellings , a green and pleasant land.
We arrived in Abbey cwm hir and popped in for a brief look , very english in its looks - see photos.
We eventually stopped about 6 just below a hill which we would save for tomorrow. An old chap from Croydon and oriental looking wife gave us water and pointed out a small paddock nearby. Tent pitched the  day was done.
A dehydrated rice dish with dried prawns filled us up. I thought it was tasty but if in a cosy home I probably would not think so. When you are truely hungry it is surprising what is tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment