Friday 19 October 2012

19th OCT.GLASLYN TO LLANIDLOES

I did not want to get up let alone wake up. Another five minutes was repeated until I knew I had to get the head torch on and get breaky sorted. J lay there in deep cosy sleep,  he would have to make do with cheese sandwich as we had no sugar for porridge. I made him one while the pot of water was on for tea. " J time to wake up" it always takes him time to function to wake. I made the tea giving J the sugar then put on my porridge with salt minus the sugar - yum!
The radio went on about the Saville do,  and jolly things like that. At 7.50 I climbed out of the tent to a mist tumbling dampish morn.
We packed and got walking about 8.30. The the loud soon cleared as we followed the track passed the Glaslyn and a high tech tent pitched near the track edge. A head popped out as we passed but my cheery morning was ignored.

The plateau and scenary was unexpected and beautiful,  reminding me of Scotland heath / moorland. It felt remote and wild.In the sun and now still air it was hard to imagine rough weather the which it can experience here.  It was so quiet,  only the sound of the odd bird song and trickling stream.
The route followed track ,farmland and rough pasture until we descended to Llyn Clywedog Reservoir. There were numerous fly fishermen on the narrow fingered waters.It was now warm and sunny. Josh complained of a sore hip and had been limping for most of the morning,  it was a concern as our progress was fairly slow covering only 8.5 miles by 12.30. It should of been more as we did not have a hard route.  We stopped on the edge of the reservoir and due to our lack of sugar had oxo drink and bread. A couple on the next picnic table feasted on wine salad and other delights,  I tried hard to be friendly in attempt to gain sympathy and a glass of wine,  without success. They left.
We walked on via the dam and old lead works.  Then onto Llanidloes before five so we could get snacks and above all sugar.
We had seen numerous Red Bull and cans disgarded as well as McD cartons,  but could not expect to find a McDonalds here. I notice a few boy racet cars go by with recently McD drink containers on the dash as if to say how cosmopolitan they were. Sad!
Llanidloes was impressive , a pretty english looking market town. I could not understand why I had not heard of it before. The surrounding area was undulating and full of feature a real gem.
We ate chips with curry sauce under the Market house before walking out and up next to Gorn Hill.
As we went up and out of the town I noticed a bunk barn notice and we decided to enquire as we knee we were going to lack such places in the near future.
We knocked on the door, £23 each, but I was able to negociate 18 . It was not a standard bunk barn, more like a modern large house with all mod cons.
Sunset was beautiful .
We settled in for the eve,  washing clothes,  drying the tent and setting off the fire alarm with the steam from the shower. Satellite t v helped the evening stretch out ,a novelty to me,  maybe not for J. I had to watch a film before bed, so it was gone 1 before I went .

No comments:

Post a Comment