Friday 14 December 2012

13th DEC. BEER to PINHAY SPRINGS ( 3 miles west of Lyme Regis )

Woke up a couple of times changing the batteries for charging our phones.
At 7 I got up packing away gear and dragging dry stuff off the radiator. I got up J around 7.30. He got semi sorted then went and got breaky ready,  cereal and tea. Packing up our gear always feels a mega task and feels like we have wrecked the room , but on leaving it all comes together.
We did not leave until 10.  I had a go at J not getting sorted or helping me last night. He had left a pile of damp clothing on the floor until bed time and his general lack of getting sorted annoyed me. The very bottom of my sleeping bag was still wet. , all other gear was dry,  including boots.
We walked into Seaton the long road route because I missed the coast path sign. In Seaton I headed to a cafe to sort out posting stuff and getting Monique to post gear,  especially socks to us at Studland Post Office,  approx 6 days on. We had numerous coffees followed by numerous visits to the loo. I sent J to get supplies.
At about 12.30 we walked in cold sun out of Seaton via a golf course. I had bought a spray of ' Instant Repair ' for gutters and felt roofs for our pack bottoms and again sprayed the toe and lower part of my boots. It appears to dry well,  J wanting his doing also.  It drys really quick.
The walking today was undercliff again,  a turblent mess of land slips through the ages ,that now had formed woodland. The path gentley went helter skelter fashion through this.
We stopped almost dropping to the beach on a planked path but as the wind was going to get up we decided against a shingle beach pitch. Gathering water near the old pump house we walked on pitching up off as the path amoungst trees , ferns and ivy. We had written today off ad a prep day. We had only covered 6/7 miles.
At writing this at 7.30 the wind is picking up. Rain is expected for tomorrow.....bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment