Wednesday 12 September 2012

9th August. Shropshire Canal to Chester

We got up at 7 and with the sun shining every where but on us in the shadow of the bridge. A slight mist lifted off the canal water. Around 9 we were walking, me in another strop with J for spilling a sugary tea in the tent. He insists on not putting his lid on his mug,  pain. I feel I am constantly getting at him. We did not talk for an hour to the Wardle Junction. A little way along I climbed up the canal bank to a petrol garage and we sat and scoffed crisps and biscuits sharing a poor cup of coffee.
At Bunbury lock another hour on we had tea for two at the Anglo Welsh canal cafe. A lass called Jessica said to say hello to her mum in Aberwrstwyth when we go by there. If it gets us a free tea we certainly will!
We passed large groups of dispondent Duke of Edingburgh Award youths of about 14, they complained of their six mile hike.
Approaching Chester the number of boats moored on the canal edge increased. It looked like some boats had grown roots as their bank was a garden and with patio.
The walk was now becoming more and more built up, and I worried about finding a pitch or a farm to ask. At Chistleton we found a piece of scrap land trapped between railway, flyover and canal. It was well hidden and sheltered and as I walked to a garage to get sugar I returned to find J erecting the tent, I like the initiative.
It ended up being a good pitch and I slept well that night with yummy noodles inside me.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment