Wednesday 12 September 2012

12th Sept 2012 To Conway


The day started weatherwise and I was up and and moving with purpose and effiency. I had my bag rolled before J was blinking awake. I sat outside the dry tent but about ten mins befote packing it up it became a wet tent with a heavyish shower.
We had been alittle chilled on finishing yesterday and writing my journal my hands were cold.
It was a shortish day walking an ok coast route to Colwyn Bay then to the library to book the hostel.
We walked in showers to Conway via a boring road running next to the A55 and crossing into Conwy eith the impressive 13th century castle to greet us. We had tea and chips out of the rain in a crowded cafe, not easy with large packs.
Once done we walked up to the hostel via the castle wall.Free access to all to walk the fantastic near complete castle wall.
We got sorted at the hostel and showered and gear washed and dried. Our socks were really smelly and no amount of foot spray seemed to eliminate the stench. As always it was a catch up on blogging.Charge of battery and little time to relax. I had a go at Josh to help out,  he is looking alittle grotty and had a nose bleed so I let him chill for abit.
It was a six egg omelette with cheese and tomatoes then bed about eleven. Alas I did not sleep to well and finished off blogging.
Was unsure what to do route wise to Snowdon. Over the hills or via coast and then up the valley the Snowdon. It will all come clear I hope.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment