Sunday 10 June 2012

Been fairly busy few weeks . My sixteen year old son is considering coming along , I will leave it open for him . I must admit I would love him to walk with me . We have a fairly close relationship , being a single parent to him since he was 3 and a half. He has had to put up with my wonderlust  and strange ideas on life .

I have been going over my route and am in the middle of changing it. It is mainly because I do not want to be on the west of the country -Wales and Pennine Way in winter. I am sure all would understand. At present I hope to get the route finalised by the end of the week.

I am unsure whether I should go for sponsors. I have all my own gear , however some is alittle worn.  I have had assistance from Viewranger  , a gps ordnance survey app for my phone covering the whole of the uk , which they also supplied-Motorola Defy +  smart phone. Great piece of kit and I thank them .

I  am giving up my job, van and flat to do this venture and at present will not have alot to come back to , but hey should be interesting.  Looks like if Jay comes with me the start of the walk will be 15th August. If he is going up to his mothers , then I will start early August. I have the flat to decorate, car boot sale to do and find storage for my computer, books and other me things .  Things are really coming together and am enjoying the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment